Having a clean office is a dream since it indicates the comfort level for all the employees. But, to achieve the most comfortable office environment, you need to make an extra effort in doing the office cleaning with that broom, mop, and vacuum.
Basically, office cleaning is all about details, we mean how clean your computer monitor, mouse, keyboard, laptop, or even office phones are. The thing is, you must have a cleaning skill like us. Period.
We understand that some people know nothing about office cleaning, so, we create a sneak peek at the step-by-step instructions to clean your office like a pro.
Without further ado, let’s get started now!
What Do I Need For Office Cleaning?
The basic tools that should be on your office cleaning cabinet are microfiber cloths, lint-free cleaning cloths, cotton buds, toothpicks, rubbing alcohol, flathead screwdrivers, and compressed air.
Besides, cleaning solutions such as vinegar, bicarbonate soda, and antibacterial surface spray are other things that are great to make your office cleaning thing easier.
The Office Cleaning Complete Guide
- How to clean a laptop
- How to clean a computer screen
- How to clean a computer keyboard
- How to clean a computer mouse
- How to clean office phones
- How to clean printers
- How to clean office desk
- How to clean office chairs
How to Clean a Laptop
Your laptop is your saviour, that’s why it is included on our number 1 office cleaning list. Now, turn that off, and follow the below steps.
- Clean the crags on the mouse or trackpad buttons with cotton buds, toothpicks, and alcohol.
- Clean the keyboard, speakers, cooling vents, USB ports, and charging sockets by using compressed air.
- Clean the screen with a mix of distilled water and white vinegar (50/50), applied to microfiber cloths.
How to Clean a Computer Screen
- Prepare a spray bottle with a mix of distilled water and white vinegar (50/50) inside.
- Make sure that you’ve switched off and unplugged all cables from your monitor.
- Squirt a mix of distilled water and white vinegar onto the microfiber cloths, then apply it to your screen.
- Do a small circle move to remove dust or even a trace of grime.
- Buff the screen until it dries with the dry side of the microfiber cloths.
How to Clean a Computer Keyboard
A common case that causes your keyboard to get dirty is how you used to eat your favourite food at your desk. Yup, the food scraps into the keyboard’s gasp, and now you know what you must do.
- Switch off or unplug your keyboard from your computer.
- If your keyboard is a mechanical keyboard system, pop off the key buttons with a flathead screwdriver. To take note: It doesn’t work for the flat design and rubberised keyboards.
- Use warm soapy water to wash and clean the keys off. Rinse and dry them.
- Use the compressed air to wash and clean the keyboard’s base.
- Replace the keys, and the completely clean keyboard is ready to use.
How to Clean a Computer Mouse
We say that cleaning your mouse is a must, it’s just not only for the sake of hygiene, but for your long-last functioning mouse.
- Unplug it or switch it off (wireless) from your computer/laptop
- Turn the mouse upside down, then clean the feet and crags by using a cotton bud, toothpick, and a little rubbing alcohol
- Clean the optical sensor with a cotton bud and a little alcohol
- Turn the mouse over, then clean between gaps, buttons, joints and crags
- To finish it, spray it with antibacterial
How to Clean Office Phones
- Unplug the cable.
- Use cotton buds and a toothpick to clean the dirt from the gaps.
- Use an antibacterial cloth to clean the handset, wipe it off.
- Use cotton buds, toothpicks, and rubbing alcohol to clean the hook and buttons.
- Use microfiber cloths and vinegar to clean the screen (if available).
How to Clean Printer
- Power it off, and unplug all the cables.
- Remove all of the papers, and make sure that there’s no paper.
- Use cotton buds, toothpicks, and rubbing alcohol to clean the button gaps.
- Wipe off the paper trays with a cloth.
- Make sure all the dust is away.
How to Clean Office Desk
How to Clean Office Chairs
But, if you have a fabric or mesh office chair, you can use a vacuum cleaner to ensure all the dust is away.
For a leather office chair, you just need to gently wipe it with a cloth.
Call a Professional
If maintaining a clean office seems overwhelming, consider hiring a professional office cleaning service. These services can provide regular cleaning and maintenance, as well as deep cleaning services as needed. Hiring a professional service not only ensures that your office stays clean and organized, but also frees up time for you and your employees to focus on your work.
professional office cleaning service can be a great asset to any business. These services can help to improve employee morale and productivity, reduce stress levels, increase productivity, and reduce maintenance costs. Additionally, professional office cleaning services can help to create a healthier office environment by eliminating pollutants, allergens, and other contaminants that can cause health problems.
If you’re looking for a reliable and trustworthy professional office cleaning service in Dandenong, Lyndhurst, Pakenham, Braeside, etc, then look no further than SM&MN Clean. We offer a range of professional office cleaning services, including carpet cleaning, window washing, floor scrubbing, and dusting. Contact us today to learn more about our services and to get a free quote.